Our INTRASTAT services
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
How should you send us your Instrastats?
Simply send the appropriate member firm of amavat® a copy of your invoices for incoming and outgoing supplies for the last 10 months. The Intrastats should be submitted to the relevant authorities according to the official dates set out by each country.
What services do the member firms of amavat® provide?
- The Intrastats are filled in and directly submitted to the relevant authorities by our staff,
- They verify the compliance of the invoices and the transactions using software (to find out more about ESL and Intrastat please click here),
- They check for double entries,
- They verify the VAT numbers of your customers (depending on the country),
- They can provided you with the statistics, if required.
What do you get in return?
After completing the Instrastat, prior to filing your VAT return, you will receive a summary per submitted invoice:
- The invoice number,
- The VAT value,
- The settlement of the VAT so that you can manage your local VAT returns,
- Additional remarks, if necessary.
Intrastat reporting is a requirement for companies that trade across EU borders
Intrastat monitors the movement of goods between EU Member States; the data collected enables EU countries to compile important trade statistics to monitor intra-EU trade.
It can be difficult for businesses to establish where they are required to report Intrastat declarations, but amavat® can help you to identify what to do, and we can file Intrastat declarations on your behalf across the EU.
The requirement to submit Intrastat declarations arises when the annual threshold (see here: Intrastat Reporting Thresholds) is exceeded. It is therefore essential that transaction levels are closely monitored, as companies have a legal responsibility to submit declarations when thresholds are breached. Where there is a historic liability to submit Intrastat declarations, member firms of amavat® can assist as our compliance team has many years of experience of dealing with European Statistics Authorities.
As part of the Intrastat service we can:
- Check thresholds to ensure you submit all the necessary reports and meet your compliance obligations,
- Submit declarations to all required EU Member States,
- Analyse your supply chain to determine where declarations need to be made,
- Advise on Commodity codes in order to ensure reports conform to regulations,
- Assist with more complex declarations (i.e. where thresholds vary between Member States and Inco-terms and Statistical Values need to be reported).